Incredible Survival Stories: Tales of Death-Defying Treks Across the Globe
By Jay Cassell and Veronica Alvarado. Scale the world’s highest peaks, plunge to the depths of the ocean, wade through the dense jungles of the Amazon, and cross every terrain in between in Incredible Survival Stories . Featuring over a dozen firsthand accounts from celebrated explorers and adventurers, this collection includes some of the most perilous accounts of man versus nature ever to be penned. Prepare to be amazed, as within these pages you’ll:
• Join Theodore Roosevelt’s standoff with an African lion;
• Fight in the heat of battle with Ulysses S. Grant;
• Battle a sandstorm in the Gobi Desert with Sven Hedin;
• Discover uncharted American territory with Lewis and Clark;
• Follow Ernest Shackleton’s perilous Antarctic voyage;
• Circumnavigate the globe with Sir Francis Drake; and
• Tag along on more than a dozen amazing adventures!
With more than three dozen photographs and illustrations that help bring these astounding tales to life, Incredible Survival Stories is a must-have for every armchair adventurer and aspiring explorer! Softcover, 328 pages, #863.